I have been using your products for a little while now, including the Tea Tree Facial Nut Scrub, Patchouli Grapefruit Facial Soap, and Patchouli Facial Moisturizer. Having battled acne for years, I finally made the jump to “green” products. I was noticing some immediate improvements in my skin as soon as I started using your stuff.
Lately, however, I have been experiencing some bad breakouts again and areas of my face have become really dry. Am I doing something wrong, or using the right products?
Thanks for contacting me. Sounds like the breakouts (based on the info you gave me – and without going into internal causes) are likely because of two different things; Primarily, the dry skin you’re experiencing, and to a lesser extent, your skin detoxing – which can happen even when not using my detox specific products (I explain these types of breakouts in detail here).
Recommend steps for dry skin
- Add the Hydra Healing Skin Rescue Gel into your routine in the AM & PM as soon as possible! (this will make a HUGE difference to getting your skin back on track and keeping it that way)
- After the Hydra Healing Skin Rescue Gel, apply one layer of Patchouli Facial Moisturizer, wait for it to absorb, and if needed, apply a plant-oil based serum over top (in the PM – see the next point). In the AM, be sure to top off the patchouli moisturizer with an SPF product.
- At night, I would HIGHLY recommend using a plant-oil serum. Your best bet would be the Acne BOP Serum. Apply a layer that’s thick enough that it won’t absorb right away (so it will slowly absorb into your skin throughout the night). Just be sure to put a towel over your pillow!
- Instead of using the Tea Tree Facial Scrub or the Patchouli & Grapefruit Facial Soap, use a soap-free cleanser that is more suited to dry skin like my Green Tea & Pineapple Cleanser, Pure Amore Gel Cleanser, or WIld Basil + Cucumber Oil Cleanser.
- Without exfoliating extremely dry skin, we risk breakouts (dead skin cells clogging pores), but we don’t have to use scrubs to do so. The Green Tea & Pineapple Cleanser or Pure Amore Gel Cleanser both have fruit enzymes that will provide exfoliation without any scrubbing needed.
* Several nights a week, you could use the Acne & Oil Balancing Mask as it’s extremely hydrating (which will help balance your dry skin) and fights acne. It can also be used like the Hydra Healing Skin Rescue Gel under your moisturizer a few days or nights a week.
Pin this article for later: