Herbs for Clear Skin and why they work!
Here is a list of the most healing herbs & plants (along with their benefits) for troubled, sensitive skin that’s having difficulty getting clear of acne breakouts.
- Extremely soothing
- Hydrating and moisturizing
- Boosts healing
- Antibacterial and antimicrobial
- Increases collagen synthesis
- Contains anti-aging antioxidants
- Skin softening
- Reduces inflammation
- Allows dead skin cells to shed more easily, creating smoother, soften skin texture
- Encourages skin to heal
- Encourages congestion causing dead skin cells to slough off
- Gently exfoliates skin for a softer texture, reduced congestion, and refined pore appearance
- Regulates excess sebum (balancing for excess oil)
- Skin-soothing, antioxidant benefits
- Reduces redness by soothing irritation and inflammation
- A powerful antioxidant that fights damaging free radicals
- Accelerates cell and tissue renewal, reducing the appearance of fine lines
- Relieves current levels of inflammation on the skin
- Protects against long-term and short-term skin inflammation
- Packed with skin-supporting vitamins and minerals
- Contains gentle astringent properties that help combat acne, redness, and inflammation
- Anti-aging properties to help minimize fine lines
- Hydrates and balances the skin
- Helps soothe itchiness
- Helps control excess sebum (regulates excess oil)
- a powerful antioxidant that fights damaging free radicals
- an excellent antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agent for the skin
Why herbs can create a holistic remedy for troubled skin
When blended together, the plants listed above work to clear skin by creating a calming, clarifying, and balancing holistic remedy that actively supports the skin by:
- Containing bacterial proliferation and stimulating immune defences
- Combating inflammation to help prevent skin damage, dark spots, acne, and irritation
- Tackling congestion and breakouts by reducing the number of sticky cells that don’t slough off normally
You can find all the herbs mentioned above blended (with no fillers!) into my
It’s a hydrator that’s been perfected to combat the extra challenges my skin has encountered since moving east – most notably:
- The glorious but unrelenting right-off-the-lake wind 🌬️
- Skin irritants and allergies from unfamiliar pollen 🐝🍃
- Hormonal stress-induced inflammation and redness 🧯
It’s my hope that if you’re experiencing sensitivity or inflammation on your skin from similar stressors, you’ll consider adding this holistic-remedy-in-a-bottle to your routine so you can experience rapid relief too!
The willow bark is clarifying for acne and congestion-prone skin. The key ingredients (besides comfrey and willow bark) include aloe vera, rose, and chamomile.
All without the use of harsh ingredients, questionable fillers, or actives that cause stinging or redness. I don’t subscribe to the “no pain, no gain” method of skincare! Instead, I take a supportive, caring approach that keeps your skin calm, nourished, and feeling (and looking!) better over time.
If you’d like to learn more about this specific remedy, click here.
If you’d like to learn more about my approach, head this way.