A common internal cause of acne is unbalanced hormones. Below you’ll find a few quick tips for fighting acne by working to balance your hormones, however, keep in mind that when it comes to balancing hormones, it really is best to speak with a health care professional! Naturopaths, holistic nutritionists, as well as traditional health care professionals can all help get you the answers you need.
In the meantime, here are some suggestions to get you started.
- Avoid processed sugar and sweeteners as much as possible
- Avoid milk & pasteurized dairy products as much as you can. Get your calcium from dark leafy green veggies, whole grains, nuts, and legumes
- Avoid meat that could have hormones in it (better yet, consider a plant-based diet)
- Get lots of “good fats” in your diet (like the kind you’ll find in avocados).
- Avoid or reduce stimulants like coffee, energy drinks, etc
- Participate in stress-busting exercises like walking or yoga several times a week
- Get an adequate amount of sleep (I know this can be tough, but do your best to let your body rest and recover each and every night)
Remember to speak with your doctor or primary healthcare provider before adding any supplements to your routine.
- Zinc (30/mg daily)
- Probiotics (follow directions)
- Antioxidants (follow directions)
- Milk Thistle (follow direction)
- (for women) EstroBalance, EstroBlock, Chastetree Berry (ask your naturopath for usage)
- Green / Fruit-Filled Smoothie daily (this post has resources to get you started)
- Lemon balm if you’re extra stressed, irritable, or find it hard to wind down at night
Need more help finding your path to clear skin?
Start your journey here.
Until next time,
For more help on your journey (including guidance for narrowing down your acne causes and triggers) download our holistic healing acne workbook!
Get the first 14-pages of our workbook for free right here.
Pin this article for later: