When it comes to supporting our skin over the long haul, we don’t need to have elaborate routines or follow the latest beauty trends. Keeping our skin happy and well supported involved a few key concepts (one of which I’ll cover today – see this post for more). Within each concept, we each have the freedom to ﬁnd ingredients, products, and routines that work best for us (more on that here).
Today I’ll be talking about supporting cell turn over.
Gentle use of alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs)
Using AHAs in your regular (daily, if well tolerated) skincare routine helps to support healthy cell renewal. Essentially, AHAs remove dead or dry surface skin cells. This removal encourages our skin to replace the outer most cells with new ones that won’t contribute to rough texture or congestion.
Encouraging gentle removal of dead cell buildup has a lot of beneﬁts including…
- A texture smoothing eﬀect on the skin
- Helps reﬂect light more evenly (which makes wrinkles look less deep)
- Improves hydration and absorption (removing buildup ensures that the ingredients we’re trying to feed our skin aren’t blocked from being absorbed)
- Stimulates the production of new collagen to the skin (remember, collagen gives our skin its ﬁrmness)
- Aids in improving (and lessening) hyper-pigmentation and uneven skin tone
Just like the use of tea tree or lavender oils, ﬁnding a dose of AHAs that’s right for your skin is key.
While AHAs are super gentle and well-tolerated by most, not all Radiant Rebels will be able to go “all in” with AHAs all the time. I recommend starting with samples of our AHA products and seeing what’s agreeable with your skin.
- For those who would consider their skin “mature” or have had a lot of sun exposure, working AHAs into your routine daily would be the route to go if your skin is game. If it’s not, you may ﬁnd that a couple of times a week or even as something you work into your skincare routine on the weekend works best.
- For those looking for the gentlest AHA, go with the Pumpkin Enzyme Cream Facial Mask
🌿 AHA products:
- Congestion Protection 5% AHA Mist (our most concentrated AHA product)
- Pumpkin Enzyme Cream Facial Mask (pumpkin is the gentlest of the AHAs)
- Pure Amore Gel Cleanser
- Green Tea & Pineapple Cleanser
- Pineapple Facial Scrub
Samples of these products can also be found here
Cell turnover is a critical part of achieving that healthy glow we’re after. It’s just about finding the right source of AHA’s for your skin. If you’re looking for some insight, don’t be afraid to connect with our community, or contact us.
Want to discover the other pillars in this series? Check out these blogs:
- How To Embrace An Intuitive Approach To Skincare
- Pillars Of Healthy Skincare: Sun Protection
- Pillars Of Healthy Skincare: Why Antioxidants Should Be In Your Skincare Products
- Pillars of Healthy Skincare: What Lipid Barrier Support Means For Your Skin
Until next time, stay radiant!
Pin this article for later: