If you’re battling with acne, I’ve totally been there and can sympathize (in fact, here’s a brief look at my battle)! Since acne can strike anyone at any age, there’s always the chance that it can come back after being cleared up. That’s why I think it’s super important to pinpoint the cause of your acne – going right to the root of the problem rather than just treating the symptoms. Usually, there are multiple causes of acne, but when you figure out what they are, you can use targeted solutions that will clear up your acne without bothering with “band-aid” treatments. I can help you pinpoint the causes of your acne with simple, straightforward ways to identify external & internal causes of acne (as well as solutions!).
P.S. We update this blog regularly to ensure the most up-to-date resources are available. Be sure to bookmark for future reference as you’re working through your skincare journey.
Solving the causes + triggers of acne can be broken down into 3 areas of focus:
- Clean & Kind Skincare
- Whole Body Wellness + Balance (primary areas of focus include nurturing the digestive system, balancing hormones, and toning down inflammation)
- Stress Reduction + Emotional Wellbeing
Check out this article to see why antioxidants are critical for any acne-fighting solution to work.
Before we jump into a holy grail of acne resource links, have a peek at others who’ve made this journey with us in our Before & After Directory.
Find even more Radiant Rebel Before & After Stories HERE.
Resources for External Healing
Pinpoint external causes/triggers:
Check that your skincare products cover the 7 critical areas for acne-prone skin:
Discover which products are meant for your skin with our Floral Aura Assessment & quizzes
- Floral Aura Skin Assessment
- Find your perfect cleanser/exfoliator quiz
- Find your perfect hydrator quiz
- Find your perfect moisturizer quiz
THE MOST POPULAR 3-STEP SKINCARE ROUTINE FOR ACNE-PRONE SKIN
Step 1: Cleanser: Green Tea & Pineapple Facial Cleanser
Step 2: Hydrator: Comfrey & Willow Bark Hydrating Toner
Step 3: Moisturizer: Mango & Pineapple Facial Moisturizer
Shop for natural skin care products specifically formulated for acne-prone skin here.
Then, pinpoint internal causes/triggers:
- Underlying Causes! + the breakouts they produce: what your skin looks like tells you what body system is affected
- Causes vs Triggers – knowing the difference
- Face Mapping: pin-pointing internal causes of skin problems
- Hormonal Acne: Tips for balancing naturally
- Chin & jawline acne: the most common mistakes
- Vitamin Deficiencies + Skin
- Hormonal Acne Explained + How the Digestive System Factors In
- The inside scoop on insulin – why spikes cause acne
Need an easier way to get answers fast?
- Get the workbook (to narrow down what’s affecting YOUR skin)
Get the first 14-pages of our workbook for free right here.
- Hit a plateau in your skin care journey? Here’s how to kick start it!
- Picking a cleanser for your acne-prone skin: 3 steps
- Guide to exfoliating for acne-prone skin
- Why hydration is a must for acne-prone skin
- Moisturizers that fight acne
- Holistic Healing Workbook & Planner for Acne